1.0 What are cookies?
2.0 Information collected
3.0 How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by Cavetta or on behalf of us, and are necessary to improve your use of our site.
4.0 What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposes, essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to site navigation.
- To enable Cavetta Consulting to collect information about your browsing patterns, including to monitor the success of conveying our information to you.
5.0 How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
5.1 For Microsoft Internet Explorer
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options
- Click on the Privacy tab
- Select the appropriate settings
5.2 For Google Chrome
- Choose Settings > Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”
- Click “Cookies”
5.3 For Safari
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
5.4 For Mozilla Firefox
- Choose the menu Tools > Options
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
5.5 For Opera 6.0 and further
- Choose the menu Files > Preferences
5.6 What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate as well if cookies are switched off.
1.0 Who are we?
Cavetta Consulting Ltd is a company registered in Scotland that uses the trading name of Cavetta Consulting (referred to as “Cavetta”, “we”, “our” or “us” in this notice).
The registered office is at Suite 3 & 4 Orbital House 3 Redwood Crescent, East Kilbride, Glasgow, Scotland, G74 5PA.
Maintaining the security of your data is a priority at Cavetta Consulting, and we are resolute in respecting your privacy rights. We commit to handle your data fairly and legally always. Cavetta Consulting is also dedicated to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it.
This notice, which applies whether you use our services, use your mobile device or go on line, provides you with information about:
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained and;
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
3.0 How we use your data
Cavetta uses your personal data:
- to provide services to you;
- to make our website and other social media content available to you;
- to verify your identity;
- for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes (if mandated by law);
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and services which may interest you;
- for market research purposes and to better understand your needs;
- to enable Cavetta Consulting to manage service interactions with you and;
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
3.2 Newsletters and updates about Cavetta Consulting activities
We use your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent) and may send you posted mail to update you on the latest news.
You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails and;
- contacting us via the contact channels set out in this notice.
3.3 Web banner advertising
If you visit our websites, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other websites. Any banner advertisements you see will relate to products you have viewed whilst browsing our websites on your computer or other devices.
3.4 Cookies on our website
Our website www.cavettaconsulting.co.uk is not used for 3rd party advertising.
4.0 How we share data
4.1 Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include HMRC, cloud storage and IT providers.
Cavetta only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Cavetta and to you, and for no other purposes.
4.2 Other third parties
Aside from our service providers, Cavetta Consulting will not disclose your personal data to any third party unless we are legally obliged to do so. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with: –
- credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
- governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
- for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
- for the protection of our employees and customers.
5.0 International transfers
To deliver a full range of services to you, it may be necessary for Cavetta Consulting to share your data outside of the UK. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection legislation and regulation.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice will be to use ‘standard data protection clauses’ which have been approved by the ICO for such transfers. Those clauses can be accessed here.
6.0 How long your data is retained
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this notice. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 7 (seven) years.
7.0 What types of personal data do we collect
Cavetta Consulting Ltd. may collect the following information about you: –
- your name, age, date of birth and gender;
- your contact details: postal address, telephone numbers (including business, personal & mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
- your on-line browsing activities on the Cavetta Consulting website;
- your communication and marketing preferences;
- your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
- your location;
- your correspondence and communications with us and;
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a LinkedIn profile, Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our website is not intended for children (under 18 years of age) and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this notice. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you engage with us. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
8.0 How we protect your data
8.1 Our controls
Cavetta Consulting is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include: –
- encryption of data;
- Implementing risk management and data impact assessment analysis;
- regular cyber security assessments of all service providers who may handle your personal data;
- security controls which protect our IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access and;
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for staff.
9.0 How you can help protect your data
We will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Cavetta Consulting asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond to it.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session.
In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety: -
- keep your account passwords private. (remember, anybody who knows your password may be able to access your account);
- when creating a password, use at least 10 characters (combination of letters, symbols and numbers is best. Try not to use easy to guess words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your passwords).
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
10.0 Accessing your Personal Data
You have a number of rights: –
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you and;
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
11.0 Legal Basis for processing Personal Data
Cavetta Consulting collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for: –
- the pursuit of our legitimate commercial interests;
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising both your and our contractual obligations and;
- complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email or text message.
Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
11.3 Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Cavetta Consulting, including: –
- selling and supplying services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- managing insurance claims by customers and;
- protecting Cavetta Consulting Ltd., its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to us and our staff;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against us;
- fulfilling our duties and obligations to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders;
12.0 Contacting Cavetta Consulting Ltd.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
phone us on: – 0141 432 0056
e-mail us at: – email@example.com or
write to us at: – Cavetta Consulting Limited, 22 Montrose Street, Glasgow G1 1RE
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.